MBT Women's Kaya Mary Jane Flat

The maryjane is back--with a new attitude that includes an adjustable Velcro strap and stylish contrast topstitching. Wear the Kaya for work or play--and get great core training from the patented MBT Sensor built into each sole.
Customer Review: Amazing! Gift from God
My first MBTs; these mary janes work for me and I have chubby feet. I do not find the straps too short and the heel does not slip up and down. I went with my regular shoe size even though I understand most people go a size up. They feel a little tight when standing, but when walking they are like extensions of my feet and feel great. I bought them in Seattle, walked (rolled) out of the store with them on and walked around the city the rest of the day. They did not take any "getting used to." (I had been wearing more fashionable, but still practical shoes and my feet were aching.) A few days later I walked 3.5 miles uphill and downhill in them with no problems. Usually, my hip bothers me for the last mile or so, but not with these shoes on! And the walk went faster than usual and was much more fun. I got them in denim and they look great with dark jeans. I am so impressed with them that I am considering taking them on an adventure tour in Costa Rica for hiking. They seem to perform fine on rocks and uneven terrain.
Customer Review: Changed My Life, Ever So Grateful
I have suffered from ball of foot pain for for over 2 years. I have been to the podiatrist and to an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in feet. I have had various physical therapies. Ortho pads have helped especially the "dancer pad" from Hapad, but despite my efforts, walking was something to be avoided, and so many things I once enjoyed doing were now out of the question. I bought these shoes, my first MBT's, about 2 months ago. I wear them with my "dancer pad." I can walk anywhere. I can go on vacation, and walk for hours. I am so thrilled, it is hard to describe. What a pity I did not try these a long time ago! If you have a foot problem, these are sure worth a try. They are not the prettiest shoes, but when I regained the ability to walk in comfort, pretty was not even a factor. Now that I can walk in comfort, I think they are beautiful! I have now also purchased an MBT sandal. I'm back!


For a moment, think about how many steps you take everyday. Now, think about how long you stand still everyday. Many do not know this, but every step you take puts about 500 pounds of pressure on your feet. That's a lot of miles and a lot of pressure. Isn't it worth your while to get a walking shoe with all the comfort and support you can muster?

MBT shoes are a new walking shoe to hit the scene They have been getting a lot of press, as of late, so I thought I would take a closer look at these walking shoes to see what they offer.

The concept for MBT walking shoes stems from studying the walking habits of the Masai tribe in Africa. The Masai are a semi-nomadic tribe whose lives center around tending to their cattle and hunting. A consequence of this is that they walk very long distances on a daily basis. It was discovered that as they walk on the natural uneven terrain they develop toned and lean leg muscles, have a perfect posture, and suffer a minimal amount of back and joint problems. The MBT walking shoes actually imitate the terrain the Masai walk on and turn the hard and uneven surfaces that we walk on everyday, into the soft and natural ground of the Masai. This causes the muscles to work harder and become the natural shock absorbers they were destined to be, in addition to protecting the back and joints.

The key element of these internationally patented walking shoes are the unique curved sole and the Swiss Masai sensor positioned under the heel. It enables the pleasant rolling feeling while walking because it lets the heel sink down as it would on a soft, natural surface. In addition to the balancing area under the in-step, the Masai sensor also ensures natural instability to which the body responds with enhanced muscle activity. Interplay between this walking shoe's sensor and the other components of MBT has been increasingly refined over th years of testing. In MBT's, the foot extends in a natural, controlled way. Pressure distribution over the muscles previously neglected become retrained and more fit.

Because of all this technology found in these innovative walking shoes, medical professional around the world recommend the use of MBT shoes for a variety of cases. They are highly used in the treatment, rehabilitation and prevention of several ailments including: back pain, hip and joint problems, back discomfort, leg and foot problems and ligament and tendon injuries. Back problems, especially, are helped due to the MBT's loosening effects with muscle tension. This allows the body to return to its natural state of health and encourages its natural healing abilities.

It is the range of benefits and positive effects that make the MBT's a very attractive walking shoe choice for people in all walks of life and with varying needs.

Candice is a freelance writer who writes about fashion topics including MBT Trainers and MBT shoes

MBT Boots

0 comments:

Post a Comment